LIVE IN MELBOURNE AUSTRALIA
JULY 16 1964
Company: Contra Band Music on Instant Analysis
Matrix Number: MB 1034 A / MB 1034 B
Release date: November 1974
1. I SAW HER STANDING THERE 2:39
2. YOU CAN'T DO THAT 2:32
3. Paul intro ALL MY LOVING 2:04
4. John intro SHE LOVES YOU 2:17
5. Paul intro TILL THERE WAS YOU 2:09
6. ROLL OVER BEETHOVEN 2:18
7. Paul intro CAN'T BUY ME LOVE 2:07
8. George intro THIS BOY 2:15
9. Paul intro LONG TALL SALLY (incomplete) 1:50
Sound Quality: VG-mono
Melbourne, Festival Hall, June 17, 1964
A very important record at the time, since it featured a previously unreleased concert. This was the sixth and last Melbourne gig.
1. November 1974 (photo below the title). The first pressing came with an insert printed in "rainbow" effect glued to a white jacket and the disc had the yellow Instant Analysis labels with side indications. The copies seen did not have the J. Fish drawing printed on the back of the jacket, but we cannot exclude that some exist. The pressing quality is very good and the sound quality is acceptable, considering the usually low quality of the bootlegs of the seventies.
1975. The subsequent release had a yellow jacket, and the disc labels were the yellow Instant Analysis, but without side indications. The insert had less intense colors so the figures in the central part were better defined. In 1975, the further pressings had the orange Instant Analysis labels with side indications.
INTEREST. An essential record when appeared because of the previously unavailable concert in acceptable quality (for
the times, of course!). The most common release seems to be the one on yellow jacket. ***/**
Side A of this record and side A of LIVE IN VANCOUVER were joined in the compilation COMPLETE MELBOURNE VANCOUVER - SUPER LIVE CONCERT SERIES 4, released in 1976. Wizardo Records released this show on side A of ON STAGE IN MELBOURNE AUSTRALIA AND WASHINGTON D.C. The Melbourne gig was reproduced, in lower quality, on BURIED TREASURE and derived releases. All these records will have their own entries. The Instant Analysis record was copied by the Italian label Why Not Records in 1989 and included in the CD and LP AUSTRALIA 1964.
THE JAPANESE JL COUNTERFEIT
In 1975 the Japanese company JL Records produced a counterfeit, with the original insert directly printed on the jacket, and the addition of the catalog number JL 509 on the bottom right. The disc had a reproduction of the orange Instant Analysis labels and was from matrix JL 509 A / JL 509 B.
INTEREST. When it appeared, it was an important release for the Japanese market. Now it retains its interest for collectors. **