LAST LIVE SHOW
Matrix Number: LLS-101 A M / LLS-101 B M (letter M small, written above LLS 101 A and by side of B on side B
Release date: spring 1971
Sound Quality: VG mono
Source: a copy of LAST LIVE SHOW by Live Records
TMOQ made their own copy of this record in early 1971, copying the Live Records release. Unfortunately, no cutting date was written on the sleeve of the metal masters or mothers.
1. spring 1971 (photo under the title). Rubber-stamped cover with round sticker, title LAST LIVE SHOW, colored vinyl, colored label with big side indications. Some copies came with a blank label, same cover.
2. early 1972. Same as #1, white label with rings and side indications, insert in "child writing" added, with title and track listings.
3. early 1973. Cover with square silver or gold sticker, black or colored label with silver pig, colored vinyl.
4. Late 1973-1974. Label with large pig on side A and track listing on side B; two versions exist: one has colored vinyl and was released on the untitled cardboard sleeve derived from the Stout "cartoon" sleeve used for some of the TMOQ-smokin' pig records; another one had the usual rubber-stamped cover, round sticker, black vinyl.
5. 1974. White label with "Made in Holland" and small pig. Mr. Pigman told us some nice stories about this label, see the link.
6. 1975. Insert in part of the issues renumbered S-202, white label with pig.
7. 1978. Ruthless Rhymes label, new insert titled SHEA ... AT LAST, black vinyl, packaged with a true postcard of the Shea Stadium, or colored vinyl and insert with "Collector's edition colored vinyl".
8. 1978-1980. Reissue on colored vinyl with no labels. These unlabeled records were realized by a junkie not involved in the TMOQ group, who from time to time went to the pressing plant, where the stampers were kept, and had some records pressed in colored vinyl to raise money, till he eventually died of OD.
9. 1984. LXXXIV series n° 44, same title as # 6, blue vinyl, limited edition of 100 copies
10. 1986. Colored TMOQ label, full color deluxe laminated cover titled SHEA!, parodying HELP!. Black as well as colored or white vinyl.
11. 1987. Same cover as #8, black vinyl, Reformation orange/cream label; this version was pressed from new stampers derived from the original LLS-101 A / LLS-101 B masters with old numbers rubbed out and 1310 added.
INTEREST. The first pressing has a high collectible value, even though it is relatively common (****), the repressings are less interesting, also depending if oncolored or black vinyl (***/*).
TMOQ-SMOKIN' PIG RELEASES
TMOQ-Smokin' pig released this show in 1973 on matrix 1800 A / 1800 B, derived from the original LLS-101 masters with the old numbers erased. We saw or know about the existence of these pressings:
1. early 1973. Same insert as TMOQ, with new numbers added; white label with Smokin' pig logo replacing the pig logo; colored (probably also black) vinyl, stampers with 1800 A / 1800 B and old LLS-101 numbers erased.
New mothers were cut on November 7, 1974, with also 1800 erased and TMQ 71012 A / TMQ 72012 B added. Stampers were cut on February 12, 1975 and again on February 17, 1975. These stampers were used throughout the seventies up to the 1983 issue.
2. Unknown date, probably between November 1974 and late 1975. A goofy release appeared, with a curious stamped cover titled LAST LIVE SHOW, and a part of the track listing. It had blue TMOQ-Smokin' Pig labels. Three copies were seen, thus this is surely not a hand-made cover for a record that had lost the insert.
3. 1975. Same label as #1 or blank label, insert reproducing the SHEA THE GOOD OLD DAYS "Butcher Cover" insert, new stampers with number TMQ 71012 A / TMQ 71012 B added and 1800 erased
4. 1981. A release was produced on GLC labels from the same stampers as #2, unknown cover (not seen by us), but probably same insert as #3 here below
5. 1983. New issue, folder-type insert titled SHEA AT LAST, with a part of the press conference printed on the folded side, same stampers as # 2, colored TMOQ-Smokin’ pig label.
INTEREST. Generally scarcely interesting releases (**/*), with the exclusion of release 2, that is quite unusual and thus interesting for collectors. ***
THE STRAWBERRY RECORDS RELEASE
The 1983 TMOQ-Smokin' pig release was the source of the European copy by Strawberry Records, released in 1985, on matrix TMQ 71012 RR A / TMQ 71012 RR B, title SHEA AT LAST.
INTEREST. A nice collection, useful for completists interested in the entire series **