THE BEATLES AND THE ROLLING STONES
AT THE RAREST
Matrix Number: SM-3591-A / SM-35-91-B, dated 13-11-73 on both sides
Release Date: November 1973
2. DO YOU WANT TO KNOW A SECRET
3. ALL MY LOVING
4. PLEASE PLEASE ME
6. TWIST AND SHOUT
7. YOU CAN'T DO THAT
9. I JUST WANNA MAKE LOVE TO YOU
10. CRY TO ME
11. WALKING THE DOG
12. YOU CAN MAKE IT IF YOU TRY
13. ROUTE 66
Sound Quality: VG-mono
1,3,6,7: from BACK IN 1964 AT THE HOLLYWOOD BOWL
2,4,5: from STUDIOSESSIONS 1
8 to 13: the Rolling Stones, BBC radio, 1963/1965
This is another Italian bootleg, that, as for AND THE BEATLES WERE BORN, released two months earlier on the Napoleon label, was legally distributed in Italy with the S.I.A.E. (Italian Society of Authors and Publishers) copyright agency indication. For this reason, for a short time, this title was distributed in the United States as an official product. Similarly to the preceding record, this is a senseless compilation of previously released material.
1. November, 1973 (photo below the title). The first pressing came with a printed cover featuring multicolored stars, with the track listing on the back; the labels were black with the title and the S.I.A.E. indication. As was customary at some Italian pressing plants, the mastering date was reported on the masters, thus it can be read on the dead wax. In this case, it is November 13, 1973.
2. Early 1974. A repressing was soon released, with a new jacket that included the complete Joker catalogue on the back . The record had the same labels as the first pressing.
INTEREST. As for the "Napoleon" release, it has only a discographic importance, being a legitimate record for the Italian market and the second Italian bootleg ever produced. The first pressing is very rare (****), whereas the repressing is still fairly common (**).
This LP was copied in the United States in the early seventies by Trade Mark of Rarity Records , under the title BEATLES AND ROLLING STONES (matrix TMR-1927 A / TMR-1927 B). CBM Side A of AT THE RAREST on side A of the Instant Analysis production titled LIVE IN ITALY, which was released in late 1974.