Company: No Manufacturer Listed
Matrix Number: BT 6896 A / BT 6896 B / BT 6896 C / BT 6896 D
Release Date: late 1980
DISC 1 SIDE A
1. TWO OF US - DDSI 2.66
2. WE’RE GOING HOME - DDSI 2.67
3. TWO OF US - DDSI 2.68
4. ON THE ROAD TO MARRAKESH - DDSI 2.15
5. REVOLUTION - DDSI 2.16
6. I SHALL BE RELEASED - DDSI 2.17
7. SUN KING - DDSI 2.18
8. DON’T LET ME DOWN - DDSI 2.19
DISC 1 SIDE B
9. DON’T LET ME DOWN - DDSI 2.20
10. THE TEACHER WAS A’LOOKIN’- DDSI 2.21
11. DON'T LET ME DOWN - DDSI 2.22
12. DON’T LET ME DOWN - DDSI 2.23
13. SUN KING - DDSI 2.24
14. MAILMAN BRING ME NO MORE BLUES - DDSI 2.25
15. TEA FOR TWO - DDSI 3.08
16. TEA FOR TWO - DDSI 3.09
17. CHOPSTICKS - DDSI 3.10
18. WHOLE LOTTA SHAKIN’ GOIN’ ON - DDSI 3.13
19. CRACKIN’ UP - DDSI 3.31
20. ALL SHOOK UP - DDSI 3.32
21. YOUR TRUE LOVE - DDSI 3.33
22. BLUE SUEDE SHOES - DDSI 3.34
23. THREE COOL CATS - DDSI 3.35
24. BLOWING IN THE WIND - DDSI 3.36
25. LUCILLE - DDSI 3.37
26. I’M SO TIRED - DDSI 3.38
27. OB-LA-DI OB-LA-DA - DDSI 3.39
28. THE THIRD MAN THEME - DDSI 3.43
29. “NEGRO IN RESERVE” - DDSI 3.46
DISC 2 SIDE A
30. DON’T LET ME DOWN - DDSI 3.47
31. ONE AFTER 909 - DDSI 3.65
32. "BECAUSE I KNOW YOU LOVE ME SO" - DDSI 3.66
33. ONE AFTER 909 - DDSI 3.67
34. "I’ll WAIT ’TIL TOMORROW" - DDSI 3.68
35. "THINKING OF LINKING" - DDSI 3.70
36. "WON’T YOU PLEASE SAY GOODBYE" - DDSI 3.71
37. BRING IT ON HOME TO ME - DDSI 3.72
38. HITCH-HIKE - DDSI 3.73
39. YOU CAN’T DO THAT - DDSI 3.74
40. THE HIPPY HIPPY SHAKE - DDSI 3.75
DISC 2 SIDE B
41. TWO OF US - DDSI 3.76
42. ALL ALONG THE WATCHTOWER - DDSI 3.82
43. IMPROVISATION - DDSI 3.85
44. SHORT FAT FANNIE - DDSI 3.86
45. MIDNIGHT SPECIAL - DDSI 3.87
46. WHEN YOU’RE DRUNK YOU THINK OF ME - DDSI 3.88
47. WHAT’S THE USE OF GETTING SOBER (WHEN YOU’RE GONNA GET DRUNK AGAIN)? - DDSI 3.89
48. WHAT DO YOU WANT TO MAKE THOSE EYES AT ME FOR? - DDSI 3.90
49. MONEY (THAT’S WHAT I WANT) (instrumental) - DDSI 3.91
50. GIMME SOME TRUTH - DDSI 3.92
51. ALL THINGS MUST PASS - DDSI 3.93
52. ALL THINGS MUST PASS - DDSI 3.94
53. ALL THINGS MUST PASS - DDSI 3.95
54. ALL THINGS MUST PASS - DDSI 3.96
55. IMPROVISATION - DDSI 3.100
56. ALL THINGS MUST PASS - DDSI 3.101
57. ALL THINGS MUST PASS - DDSI 3.102
Sound quality: VG-mono
1-14: Twickenham Studios, January 2, 1969
15-56: Twickenham Studios, January 3, 1969
(references to the tracks sequence of the "GET BACK" recording sessions, as listed on Drug, Divorce and a Slipping Image, are given)
Another double album from the Twickenham Sessions, with several tracks recorded during the first two days, on January 2 and January 3, 1969. When this record appeared, many of these tracks were still unreleased. VEGEMITE was the first release of an Australian producer, who was later responsible for the SAPCOR series of compilation LPs and for the GOBLIN CDs. The records were probably pressed in California.
1. Late 1980 (photo under the title). The original release came with an absolutely primitive artwork, with some b/w photos and very poorly hand-written title and track-listing. The discs had blank yellow labels with side indications.
2. A slightly different insert, with the addition of a line below the titles, symmetrical to the line on top, was used for part of the copies.
INTEREST. A very rare release, probably pressed in a limited number of copies. ****
THE DREAM IS OVER...
In 1981 VEGEMITE originated 2 European single LPs, titled THE DREAM IS OVER... VOL. I and THE DREAM IS OVER... VOL. II. These records, lacking any indication of the producer, were pressed, respectively, from a printed matrix ST IMP 1081-A / ST IMP 1081-B and ST JPM 280 102-A / ST JPM 280 102-B, with the handwritten letter HQ in addition. The records were pressed in Germany and released in summer 1981, had a printed cover with photos of Lennon as a child (vol. I) and a drawing of Lennon's face (vol. II), and the title probably refers to Lennon's death, occurred a few months before. A more precise track listing is printed on the covers. The discs had yellow labels with the drawing of an elephant's head, a number theoretically corresponding to the matrix number - but disc 1 had the letters IMP rather than JPM in its matrix - and fake song titles.
INTEREST. Another uncommon release, although not as rare as VEGEMITE and still quite interesting for collectors. ***
SWEET APPLE TRAX VOL. III
Late 1981. VEGEMITE was copied by Sweet Sound Records for a 2-LP set titled SWEET APPLE TRAX Volume No. III. The producer, based in Queens, N.Y., released a few records in the early eighties. The jacket was printed green with colored photos from the January 1969 sessions on the front and had some more photos on the back, with a partial, but quite complete, track listing and the catalogue number W-909. The matrix number of this release is W909 A / W 909 B S2 / W 909C C S3 / W909D S4 and the discs have orange labels with "Centurian Records" as company and "Gold Purveyors" as group, with fake song titles.
Spring 1982. The Sweet Apple Trax volume III version was quickly counterfeited, with a release that has the same photos, printed black and white also in the front cover. The matrix number of this release is SA-3909-A / SA-3909-B / SA-3909-C / SA-3909-D. On side A the letter A is carved over a W, and on side B the lettering W-909-B is scratched out. The disc labels are blank gold for disc 1 and blank white with faint light blue patches for disc 2.
The original stampers of this last version were used for two picture discs featuring the SWEET APPLE TRAX VOLUME No. III front and back covers: the producers didn't care to fit a square cover to a round disc, therefore they chopped off all the edges, including part of the title (which becomes "eet Apple T'') and even "The Beatles'' are reduced to "atles''...
INTEREST. SWEET APPLE TRACKS VOL. III is a more common version. The rare picture disc, as usual, is mainly interesting for specialized collectors. **/***.
APPLE TRACKS VOLUME 2
1983. A group of Los Angeles producers, originally part of the TMOQ-Smoking Pig company, copied the two THE DREAM IS OVER... LPs for a 2-LP set titled APPLE TRAX VOLUME 2. This is the second in a series of three 2-LP sets with copies of previously released records featuring the January 1969 recordings and the Get Back Promo. Its matrix was 15802-A / 15802-B / 15802-C / 15802-D. The insert, as typical of a large number of titles released in 1983, had the insert with track listing folded onto the back cover. The discs had the GREAT LIVE CONCERTS labels, respectively dark blue for disc 1 and light blue for disc 2.
INTEREST. Only interesting for completists. *
THE STRAWBERRY RECORDS VERSION
In 1985 the European company Strawberry Records produced a 6 colored vinyl LP box with a copy of the three Great Live Concerts 2-LP sets, titled APPLE TRACKS, with the usual labels with a strawberry on one side and a collage of pictures on the other side. The two APPLE TRACKS VOLUME 2 discs were in red and yellow vinyl, matrix RR 15802 E / 15802 F / 15802 G / 15802 H.
INTEREST. A box sought after by collectors of the Strawberry Records series, quite uncommon. ***