SOME LIKE IT HOT!
Company: ADO Records
Matrix Number (first pressing) OG595A 1L / OG595B 1L (machine stamped)
Release date: unknown, probably late 1972
1. PIANO THEME
2. DON’T LET ME DOWN
3. MAXWELL’S SILVER HAMMER
4. TWO OF US
5. OH DARLING
6. JAZZ PIANO SONG
7. ACROSS THE UNIVERSE
8. DIG A PONY
9. SUZY PARKER
10. I ME MINE
11. FOR YOU BLUE
12. BESAME MUCHO
13. OCTOPUS’ GARDEN
14. THE LONG AND WINDING ROAD
15. SHAKE RATTLE & ROLL/MISS ANN/ LAWDY MISS CLAWDY
16. DIG IT
18. LET IT BE
19. THE LONG AND THE WINDING ROAD
Source: from LET IT BE movie
Sound quality: VG-Mono
An off-line dub of tracks from the Let It Be movie was pressed in Japan by ADO Records under the title SOME LIKE IT HOT!. The release date of this LP is not known with precision, but according to the matrix number OG-595 it can be placed in late 1972. Three pressings are known. As typical of the company, each pressing was produced from new renumbered matrixes.
1. late 1972 (photo below the title). The first release came with a b&w insert glued to the jacket, with the indication "The Beatles" below the photograph. The track listing and other notes are very irregular and had typing and grammar mistakes.The record had blank white labels. The stamp of the matrix number, OG595, is defective and looks like OC595.
A copy with colored insert was reported and illustrated in the book by Matsumoto "Beatles' Bootlegs" (see the photo reported here). This colored cover however is a fake, the upper half of the record was replaced with the colored photo (it was available among collectors). Also the line The Beatles was deleted.
2. 1974. This version had the same insert as the first pressing, but the photo on top reaches the title so the line with the indication "The Beatles" is deleted. The track listing for side A and B was better aligned. The record has red label with title in silver lettering and it was pressed from matrix OG 813 A 1M / OG 813 B 1M, machine stamped.
3. Late seventies. The third version had the same insert as #2, glued on a folder-type jacket; it was from matrix OG 878 A 1L / OG 878 B 1L, machine impressed. The labels were similar, with a different text. According to a japanese source, this release was pressed in 300 copies.
INTEREST. Like all the OG Records, its first pressing is quite scarce and interesting for collectors. Also, it represented the first appearance of some tracks from the Let It Be movie (****). The subsequent issues have less interest, even though only few copies were pressed (***/**).
THE IDLE MIND COUNTERFEIT
This record was counterfeited in Japan by a fake Idle Mind Productions in 1977 with the matrix OC-595 A / OC 595 B (a mistake originated by the defective printing of the matrix number of the original record), hand carved. This version had a light blue-greenish insert with pinkish print copied from the japanese bootleg, including the mistakes, and was released with labels prefectly reproducing the original Idle Mind labels. However, the pressing plant mark, a ring at 12 mm from the central hole, is that typical of the japanese releases. The true Idle Mind records have a ring at 31 mm from the hole.
INTEREST. Not very common, but scarcely interesting. **