CINELOGUE III - HARD DAY'S NIGHT
Company: Contra Band Music
Matrix Number: HD 1024 A / HD 1024 B / HD 1024 C / HD 1024 D
Release Date: mid 1974
1. A HARD DAY'S NIGHT 2:23
2. dialogue I SHOULD HAVE KNOWN BETTER 2:40
3. dialogue I WANNA BE YOUR MAN (incomplete) 0:41
4. dialogue DON'T BOTHER ME (incomplete) 0:40
5. dialogue ALL MY LOVING (incomplete) 1:39
6. dialogue IF I FELL 2:24
7. dialogue CAN'T BUY ME LOVE 2:10 dialogue
8. dialogue AND I LOVE HER 2:35
9. dialogue I'M HAPPY JUST TO DANCE WITH YOU (instrumental) 0:31
10. dialogue I'M HAPPY JUST TO DANCE WITH YOU 1:59
11. dialogue RINGO'S THEME / THIS BOY (with dialogue) 3:21
12. dialogue A HARD DAY'S NIGHT (incomplete)(with dialogue) 1:00
13. dialogue CAN'T BUY ME LOVE 2:10
14. dialogue Medley: TELL ME WHY / IF I FELL / I SHOULD HAVE KNOWN BETTER 6:26
15. SHE LOVES YOU 2:25
dialogue 16. A HARD DAY'S NIGHT 2:25
Source: complete "A Hard Day's Night'' film soundtrack
Sound Quality: F-mono
The success of the two previous Cinelogues prompted CBM to release the other films by the Beatles. Here is a poor off-line recording from a TV broadcast of the film A Hard Day's Night. Tracks 11 and 12 are played by the George Martin Orchestra; track 14 is a medley of the officially released versions; all the other tracks are the officially released versions.
RELEASES BY CBM
1. Mid 1974 (photo below the title). The first pressing of this item came with a slipsheet featuring a drawing by “D’Anunzio” in rainbow color, with the “J. Fish” cartoon printed on the back. The discs had yellow Instant Analysis labels, with side 1 / side 2 indications for disc 1, and (as for all the Instant Analysis releases) were pressed on good quality vinyl.
2. Early 1975. A repressings had orange Instant Analysis labels and was released in a white jacket or in a yellow colored jacket. Differently from the two previous albums, as far as we know there were no further releases of this title.
INTEREST. Historically interesting release. ***
THE WIZARDO RECORDS VERSION
A copy of CINELOGUE III was released by Wizardo Record on matrix MS WRMB 303 Part I-A / WRMB 303 Part I B / WRMB 303 Part II C / WRMB 303 Part II D, titled COMPLETE UN-CUT SOUNDTRACK TO A HARD DAY'S NIGHT; this version also contains Skinny Minnie by Tony Sheridan as track 17.
1. May 1975 (photo here above). The first pressing came with a light sepia-coloured full-size insert, dated May 1, 1975. The discs had the dark blue Wizardo labels.
2. Late 1975. The further pressings had the same insert, with light blue Wizardo labels. Some copies were released with an insert printed on white paper. No more pressings are known,
INTEREST. Wizardo Record was an important company, so there is some interest, particularly for the first pressing. **.